VPK is a free voluntary pre-kindergarten program that helps children enhance their learning and get ready for school while they wait for entering the elementary school once they have turned 5 years old. VPK providers near you give children the opportunity of experiencing early learning education.
Find the resources you need as a provider here. Stay up-to-date with rules and regulations, curriculum and performance standards, and find other useful materials and forms here.
- Curriculum and Performance Standards
- Rules and Regulations
- Resources and Forms
VPK Curriculum & Performance Standards
Each provider may select or design the curriculum that the provider or school uses to implement the Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program. The curriculum must be developmentally appropriate and must:
- Be designed to prepare a student for early literacy
- Enhance the age-appropriate progress of students in attaining the VPK Performance Standards
- Prepare students to be ready for kindergarten based upon the statewide kindergarten screening.*
*Private prekindergarten providers and public schools that are placed on probation due to inadequate kindergarten screening scores will be required to use an approved curriculum to be determined by the State.
For more information, visit the following links
Rules and Regulations
Resources and Forms
VPK Provider Applications & Information
VPK Lesson Plan
VPK Readiness Rates
- Click Here for VPK Readiness Rates
For Informational Meeting for Potential VPK Providers
Contact Ashley Shotlz at (863) 577-2450 ext. 313